Pages

Sunday 27 August 2017

Speech Finals

On Friday the 25th of August at 12:00 Team 5 was having a speech Competition out in the street(Middle of team 5)

I was on of the opponents that was competing with other students from other classes. I felt nervous when we got told to sit on the chairs so I didn't move and stayed on ground. Mr Wiseman was holding a box with names he slowly out his hand in and pulled his hand back out. He said !AMELIA! everyone started clapping....that made me more nervous I stood up and I heard teachers laughing because I was supposed to be sitting on the chairs. I walked over talking to myself saying "Im not doing this for anyone else but myself and my nana."
I stood there......took a deep breath and started reading. I knew I was being watched by everyone. I could feel my voice starting to crackle and and shake but I took another deep breathe and let it go and carried on reading. When I finished everyone started clapping. 

My favourite Speech was Yvone, Yvone wrote about how to look interested but you not. Yvone was using action and she was being enthusiastic. I liked Yvone's speech because it had heaps of good points on how to look interested but your not.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Amelia, I was sooooo proud of you getting up there and giving it your all! It must of been really nerve wracking but it didn't show, and you did yourself proud! Would you ever do it again? Was it as bad as you thought it would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post Amelia. You've helped us to understand how hard it must be to give a speech in front of a large crowd. You've given us good tips on how to breathe through a very nervous time! I am very proud of your efforts. Many students in my class found your speech appealing and something they could relate to. Well done! Fakaaue lahi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs Judd for your lovely comment Yes it was a little nerve racking but I remembered what mum had said that night I told her I was in the finals.She said to me"Lia your not doing this for anyone but myself and just to pretend I am reading to my nana. I would do again but thats only if I get chosen. Well, no I don't think my speech went bad at all.I remember when my mum always used to say when I was nervous "You never know what you can do until you stop nervous and and allow yourself to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs Tele'a For lovely comment
    It was hard for me to stand up in front of a huge crowd. I usually take deep breathes when I am nervous. Yes I have read there blogs. Thank you Koe Kia and enjoy the rest of your day:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.